I'm in Colombo !!

I juz came back from Colombo 2 days ago.I had really wonderful pleasure staying there eventho it was juz a short stays.2 days been there given me a chance to explore the new world,new place and new people and i was really enjoyed myself. We were staying in Galadari Int Hotel near the beach. Basically people there mostly are 50% buddism.The other half consist of hindu, muslim and others.People there are very nice and pleasant.Not to be denied,the living standard there is poor and people have to work hard to achieve a good living standard. When the time I reach there, it was a tragedy happenned where their foreign minister was assasinated. My chief reminded us to not to go away from the hotel because they're having such a curfew and an emergency public holiday was announced.So we didnt go to any historical places or government property places. So we decided to go to few shopping arcades.I had good shopping experience there as I could get an original(I mean from the boutique) Nike bottom at only Rs450 or RM17 only!. Many branded item u can get cheaper than KL.But not all lah kan..The popular shopping arcade is called House Of Fashion.But i didnt really shopped there because they didnt accept USD as i havent change my money yet. But I shopped quite a lot in Odel where i got my Nike bottom. It was such a funny experience when we ride the taxi called tut-tut.At first I was a bit nervous and we laugh and scream all the way.But on the way back,we were so excited and so funny that supposingly one tut-tut can fit only 3 person but we squezzed to 4 person inside.As there were 8 of us, we hired 2 tut-tut and we raced the 2 tut-tut all the way back.It was fun! At night,we had dinner in one famous seafood restaurant near the beach.I couldnt believe that we have to cross a railway to get to the restaurant.But when i see the wonderful restaurant across,I juz ran and all the fears went out.8 of us,1 guy and the rest all s,we had ordered 2 plates of tiger prawns which each plate consists of 32 pieces,two plates of crabs (total crabs=36) ,4 fishs, 2 pots of rice and 2 baskets of garlic breads.And we finish it all!oh my god..i can't believe i ate that much of food..or crabs!The crabs was tremendously delicious..it called led Crabs.Untill i thank the waiter for giving me crabs! one more thing,I have to mention about the waiter name Banda.He was so polite and pleasant and funny too. He makes our dinner more cheerful.He asked us to write into his autograph book and definitely i wrote about the led crabs he gave us. After dinner,we went to cassino.I didnt gamble.My few chinese friends did.There was a band perfomed and we were having supper while enjoying the show.They were singing latest hit songs such as from Simple Plan and The Killers. The next day,I took a walk near the beach and watched the Hindi ocean waves.It was big waves and reminded me about tsunami.One told me during tsunami last year,the sea water was rised up.But there was no destruction and nobody killed. 2 days been there,I discovered a lot of things.I didnt take many photos but all the memories will stay in my mind. And in my heart ,the love for a God creation become wider and thank goodness for having this experience,to see the other part of the world.And I'm glad to be born in Malaysia..and to be Malaysian.

Comments

Popular Posts